Employees should ask themselves a few questions before resigning. The top 5 are:
- How much notice will you give; are you obligated to give a certain amount of days/weeks notice?
- Will you take out COBRA insurance to maintain your health insurance policy?
- Is there any scenario where you may be eligible for severance pay?
- Do you have any reason to believe the company would provide a negative employment reference to future employers?
- What do you intend on telling your employer about your experiences during an exit interview?